Restore Sitecore master DB doesn't restore items state

If you just need an answer - go to the last paragraph! :) Otherwise, you can read the full story how I found the solution.
Today, I come across an interesting issue with Sitecore master database.
I made some changes to the content tree and later on I decided to revert them and reset master database state to initial state.
So, I asked my team to restore master db to the previous backup (that was taken a day ago). After a restore had been finished, we verified Content Editor and were so surprised to see items that we added just today. These changes shouldn't be there. So, I requested one more restore (just in case), I verified db backup file date - everything was alright, however changes still appeared in the Content Tree.
So, I opened Items table in the Sitecore master database and then I understood what is wrong - these changes were not there, which means Sitecore takes them from somewhere else.
Sitecore tends to cache a lot of information, so when you restore its' Master database don't forget to reset App pool!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Client-side scripting for Taxonomy/Term Set Fields

SharePoint delegate control is rendered twice

Some thoughts on using Sitecore Habitat for Production codebase